Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Unity Desktop

Installed the Ambiance Touch for Willy theme on my Thinkpad W530.
 I like it, it is flat, the decorations and the windows are tiny, and it looks rather nice, spiffy and modern.

One thing tho, by default, the theme is called "Ambiance", and since I don't like to install themes under "~/.themes", I have renamed it as "Ambiance-Touch" and installed it on the global/ for all users location, on "/usr/share/themes/".
I d'loaded and extracted the tgz file on "~/Downloads", renamed the original directory "Ambiance" to "Ambiance-Touch" and then cd onto it, and edited the files:
  • Ambiance-Touch/index.theme
  • Ambiance-Touch/metacity-1/metacity-theme-1.xml

The index.theme file looks like this: (using my custom cursor!)

[Desktop Entry]
Type=X-GNOME-Metatheme
Name=Ambiance-Touch
Comment=Ubuntu Ambiance Touch theme
Encoding=UTF-8

[X-GNOME-Metatheme]
GtkTheme=Ambiance-Touch
MetacityTheme=Ambiance-Touch
IconTheme=ubuntu-mono-dark
CursorTheme=basic-goofy-black+
ButtonLayout=close,minimize,maximize:
X-Ubuntu-UseOverlayScrollbars=true


INTOH, on the metacity-theme-1.xml file, all I did was simply changing the name on the name tag, line 5.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home