Saturday, August 04, 2012

Ciso: IP Phone Home

Yesterday got me a "new" Cisco phone from work.
The old and pretty crappy Budge Tone 201 that I have at home was nearly completely broken and totally beat up.

So the powers that be gave me a Cisco IP Phone 7940.

Setting it up on my LAN was pretty much a piece of cake, had to disable DHCP, gave it the IP address that the Budge Tone was using, etc... Only thing I had to do was to add a TFPT server IP address pointing to nowhere inside my LAN in order to accept the fixed IP address & settings.

It works perfectly well behind the D-Link DIR-601 router, no need to set anything special in terms of port forwarding or stuff like that.
The difference in craftsmanship between the two phones is amazing.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home