Wednesday, November 23, 2011

When the PlayCount's over

(Turn off the lights & start from zero again...)

Today moved my aging iPod (IIRC it is the so called "First Generation Video", that is over 5 years old!!) to the Linux side of thing for good.

In order to do that I had to format it as FAT 32, so... Good bye Play Count... I've reached the 36 plays on every song (at last) and it is time to move on, besides, moving to Rhythmbox, and therefore forcing a clean slate start, is helping me re-tagging a lot of songs, as well as discovering some new tunes.

There are still a few things to iron out, specially regarding the transfer of the Play Count from the iPod to Rhythmbox but I guess I'll find a way to fix that sooner or later.
Besides, found a new obsession with this whole play count thing and its Last.fm

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rich said...

My iPod video died a few months back. It used to be my sister's until the hard drive went bad. So she gave it to me and I replaced the hard drive and got about two years out of it. Then the screen back light stopped working. I thought about fixing it, but it's hard to know if it's the screen or the logic board...Anyway, my wife bought a Nano for my birthday.

8:28 AM  
Blogger hictio said...

yeap, remember you told me. My iPod seems to be just fine after all these years, only the battery is really worn, but still holds a 4 hrs continuous play or so.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home