Monday, October 10, 2011

T60: More on the wobbly display

The damn problem with the external display on Sojourner (my Thinkpad T60 beauty) is simply killing me.
Earlier this week I had a bussines meeting with a little demo, and I had to take my trusty but really beated T43 to be able to connect it to a projector.

So, Saturday afternoon pulled the HDD from Sojourner and placed a 320 GB drive I was using on my late MBP 13" to make Time Machine backups.

Snapped the drive onto the T60 and installed a fresh Lucid Lynx (32 bits) on it, made the install from a USB key and the whole thing simply flew.
After the install was completed, and with all the updates on and a reboot later, plugged in an external monitor to see if the damn "waves" went away with a clean slate.

The MF were still there.

Anyway, this whole thing served a purpose, found out that the waves only happen when the T60 is either mirroring, or extending the desktop to the external monitor; if I chose to simply turn off the laptop's LCD and use only the external one, things go A Ok (at least with the Samsung monitor I have at hand).

Fair enough for me; later this week will test it with a projector from work to see how it goes.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home