Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Books & time

It has been a while since I post something about books and the crap I'm reading in general.

After the one on Yeager, got my hands on "La Costa de Los Mosquitos" (read in in Spanish, IIRC, it was the first and only book on Spanish this year, shame on me...).
Found it an amazing book, I've seeing the film many, many years ago, and it was rather good, but the book as simply an excellent read.
It was the second book I've read from Theroux, the other one being "Saint Jack", I simply couldn't not read that book after seeing Bogdanovich's film (Here is an excellent review of the film).

After that one, got my hands on "Alas, Babylon", got it during my last vacation, but didn't had any time to read it until now. Being a "fan" of the genre, this book seems rather naive, but then again, it was one of the first ones written on the subject of post apocalyptic war.

This summer (my summer) have to get me a copy of "War Day", even if it is a used one thru Amazon.com.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home