Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A little status on book reading

Finished Beevor's "Stalingrad" a few days ago; what a marvelous book that is, enjoyed it from page one.

It was an eye opener to say the least.

After that got a grip on "About a boy", the third Hornby book I got my hands on, even tho I've seen the film many times, I've enjoyed the book quite a bit.
The film adaptation doesn't goes too far from the book, and there isn't a soul on Earth who can play Will better than Grant, no question asked.

The other book I read about Hornby, couple of years ago, was "High Fidelity" after seeing the movie, right... I was shocked to find that the book was set in London :D I'm a schmuck, but I believe the Frears adaptation is way better.

Right now I'm onto "A long way down".

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rich said...

I still have not read anything by Hornby. Hasn't made it into my TBR pile. I've heard great things about "Stalingrad." As always, so many books so little time.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home