Monday, May 24, 2010

Lucid Lynx on the Compaq F700

Last Saturday did a dist-upgrade on Tango.
Everything went exceptionally well, no problems at all, nor during the upgrade, nor after it finished.

This was the first dist-upgrade I did on Ubuntu, usually prefer to wipe things clear and start from scratch on every upgrade, but, the MF CDROM on Tango went AWOL, and never returned home, so, I took a chance; this being an LTS, I really doubt that I'll continue to use it for the next 3 years, so I guess I'm covered for the moment.

Regarding Lucid on the little laptop, everything works A Ok, and I mean everything, from the screen native resolution upon installation, to the WiFi to the Suspend/ Hibernate... In fact, Tango seems to have a new life after the Lucid install.





Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home