Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Couple of things I don't like of the Thinkpad...

Maybe I can title this "Karmic Koala on a Thinkpad T43 (II)", but the annoyances I find on the day to day use don't really have much to do with Linux per se... So... Here it goes:

Heat:
This little, thin and sturdy beast gets hot, no question about it... The right side of the laptop, where the HDD is, gets really hot, it is uncomfortable to say the least.
Of course, the damn Bs As weather at the moment does not help at all on the matter.

Keyboard:
Yes, the Thinkpad keyboard are amazing, this one too, it is a share pleasure to type on it... But, it lacks a Windows key, even tho I use it with Linux, I really miss that key, as I use it a lot for starting and controlling stuff fast (Win + T > open Terminal, Win + H > Minimize window, etc)
On the same line, the Esc key it is way up there for my taste.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home