Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Movies of the week (6)

Little Children
The best of the whole bunch, in fact, the best movie I saw in quite a long time.
And yes, Kate once again.

Prairie Home Companion
Strange movie indeed... Or, well, not strange movie, but it was rather hard to put a face to the writer behind the amazing Salon's columns.
Never heard the radio show myself, and I get the whole thing (I think at least) by watching the DVD extras... The whole radio show is a joke, not even a homage.

Duplicity
A duplicitity piecitity of shititty.
Don't even bother renting this... I don't know why I did.

Another Woman
Felt like re-watching it. The path that Woody took nowadays seems like a real mistake, IMHO.

The Green Berets
A little Viet Nam does not hurt anybody(on film!!!) ... The Duke performance does :) :P

Full Metal Jacket
Was re-reading the out of print original by Hasford, and, thanks to the internet, this time in English, read it on Spanish about 20 years ago.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that last week also watched:

Alien
What an amazing film, it aged beautifully.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard Hellinga said...

"Little Children" is one of the books sitting in my TBR pile. I might have to move it up. Oh, and "Prairie Home Companion" is a radio show on National Public Radio here in the USA. People on the coasts seem to like the show, about a fictional small town in the Midwest. People (like me) from the Midwest find the show boring and not funny...mostly boring. The idea of watching a movie about the show...ugh, no thanks.

8:08 AM  
Blogger hictio said...

Well, don't know about the book, but Perrotta wrote the script along with the director of the film, so... I guess it has to be good.
It reminded me of "Magnolia", LC it is an ensemble piece too, but with not as many pieces as is "Magnolia", but it has the same in crescendo effect.
It was really a surprise, I had seeing the trailer, the actor turned director didn't ring a bell for me; and the DVD cover didn't told me anything; but it turned out to be a hell of a movie.

Regarding "HPC" it was sort of a shock, really... I never expected that the person who writes those columns might have that kind of a show.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home