Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Darkness is a road seldom traveled by films?


I can't wait for this film to get here, damn it... Loved the book, even tho read it on Spanish and I certainly find the subject matter interesting.

The only thing that I find rather strange, is that every single picture I had seen of the film, and I mean the ones shot on the outside, are rather "light", that is, there is way too much light on them... If you get one thing out of the book, is the somber, dark, oppressive environment... You could almost smell the smoke coming out of the book, and the characters, literally, had to feel what was ahead of them, because they could not see a thing.

I understand if you have to cut corners and you can't shoot the whole thing using real nights, but come on!!! At least use a graduated ND filter to bring the corners down a stop or two.


The Road Trailer (a blog)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home