Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hardware for the Hammer God

New stuff for Thor, anything to keep it cozy and running happy.
Two little things, but the difference they are making is amazing...

- A new video card
One of those Non Apple, a "flashed" one; got it thru Ebay while in the US on vacation, some 80 U$S, yeah, not the cheapest, but the difference is effing notable.
No drivers whatsoever, but, if I reinstall Tiger from my retail DVD, I have to use the previous video card until I upgrade the system to version 10.4.3.

Apple nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB DDR2 AGP G4 & G5 NEW


- A PCI card with USB ports
But, not only USB ports, USB version 2.0!!! The palsy 2 ports that Thor originally has, but alas, these are 2.0, the connection flies.
This one cost me something like 12 U$S on a Tiger Direct store, I was really worried that it would not work on Os X (even tho, the box stated that it was supported, I was not the least confident).
It came with a CD with drivers, but I did not used it; installed, reboot and use it.

Ultra ULT31500 USB 2.0 PCI Card - 6 Port, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (4 External / 2 Internal)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home