Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Enable the NVIDIA card on Ubuntu

In three steps and a reboot, I couldn't believe it was so easy.
The problem with the resolution is due to the monitor I'm using, to work that out I had to edit the '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' file, but it wasn't that hard.



Ubuntu itself identified the card as a valid one, or at least, as possible candidate; with the icon on the upper Menu Bar, the one that looks like a small card.
After ticking the option "Enabled", it will download the necessary driver and install it.



On my case, I have a GeForce2 MX/MX 400 video card, Ubuntu used the nvidia-glx driver, once installed, it will inform you that you need to reboot the machine.



It will do so, by any means available :)



After the reboot, on my case, the resolution got actually, low, even tho, the driver got activated, this was the only part that I had to do by hand, and without a GUI, but, once again, it wasn't that hard at all, simply had to add the Vertical and Horizontal values for my monitor, and then add a few modes to the "Screen" portion of the file.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home