Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Promises, promises (Or so many OSes, so little time)

A couple of things I would like to test this year (with luck, before June, or even less)

- Vyatta

- OpenBSD, not only as my headless router/ BitTorrent box, but I want to use it as main box, on this case, on the laptop that my employer uses for nothing but to store it on a shelf ;)

- Install a test box with CentOS 5, specially, getting things to work with the CD server, since it seems like the stuff got a little harder.

- Get a Ubuntu server CD, and try to make it the new standard Linux distro at work, specially for smaller, non Oracle boxes (specially if the CentOS Server CD turns to be a PITA to install from only one CD)

It is funny, but for Os X, I don't have any plan... Or everything works the way it should, or it is becoming a very expensive platform to play with :D
The only thing I would like, is getting an Intel one, to play with virtualization, but unless some of my boxes die this year, I doubt it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home