Friday, January 11, 2008

Nagios & Terra Incognita

Nageographer
I have become quite an addict to network monitoring programs/ systems ever since I discovered them, started with Netsaint, then Nagios, and now Zabbix.

To me one of the most important elements of those programs is the ability they offer (different levels for each one) to map your network, and show you a real time functioning health map of it, on Nagios is called Status map, the status maps for Zabbix are, as the program itself, far more complex.

A thing that has always bothered me, regarding the creation of maps on Nagios, is that you have to supply the coordinates for placing the different hosts by hand, if you chose not to use any of the prebuilt templates.

So, I have looked around for a program for Os X to write the map, using a GUI, for free... And there is one: Nageographer

Nageographer SourceForge page
Nageographer Freshmeat page

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home