Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Firewalling Tiger (III)

I have found some missing (and need to be open!) ports, while using Safari today, to access some special websites at work, which are redirected thru alternative ports, and reverse proxies... I got an error on Safari, with this message:

“POSIX error: Permission denied” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:13)

Of course, as usual, the first thing that comes to your head is that the 'other' part is working incorrectly... After double checking IP addresses, ports, running Apache processes, firewall settings on the remote server, on the remote router, and banging my head a few times, I decided too Google it! After a couple of minutes, find out that it was/ is a common problem, on the first link; and then a probable cause on the second one.

POSIX error
NSPOSIXErrorDomain:13 error in Safari

What I have to do to get past the Safari error was to add the ports I need to connect to the firewall script, of course on the 'Outgoing connections' section, with the same syntax, but using the ports I need to connect to; and then re-run the script.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home