Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Adventures in Ubuntu Land: Mouse cursors

Like I said before I really, really like to have the mouse cursor shape the way I want it, no matter what Operating System I am running at the moment.
So, the Ubuntu install on Odin couldn't be less, this is what I did to the mouse icons to get them the way I like them, open a Terminal, and type:


cd /usr/share/icons/
sudo cp -R DMZ-Black DMZ-Black.ORIG
sudo cp -R DMZ-White DMZ-White.ORIG


Then issue the following:


cd DMZ-White/cursors/
sudo cp arrow xterm


Do the same, but on the 'DMZ-Black/cursors/' directory.
To test this, open a new terminal, and it'll use your new mouse cursor; but, the old, already opened Terminals will continue to use the old mouse shapes until you close them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home